Meet Chef Vesna Miletic from restaurant Tac in Zagreb, Croatia, a Bib Gourmand selection in the MICHELIN Guide Croatia 2021.
To celebrate the end of the year, Chef Miletic shares her delicious recipe for fritulas, a favorite for adults and children alike. You can, of course, adapt it to your preferences, covering them in powdered sugar, chocolate sauce, or jam.
Watch this step-by-step preparation for these delicious mini-donuts, a Croatian favorite at this time of year.
You’ll find other versions of this recipe up and down the Dalmatian coast, like the Italian zeppole, the Venetian frìtole, or the Dutch Christmas snack “oliebollen”.
Detailed recipe below ↓
Thanks to our partner, the city of Zagreb!
• 3 eggs
• 2 tablespoon vanilla sugar
• 4 big tablespoons of sugar
• 680g ricotta cheese
• 450g soft flour
• 1/2 baking powder bag
• 0.5ml honey liquor (Medica) or other liquor
• Lemon peel and/or Orange peel
1. Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly and let it rest for 2 hours in freezer
2. Heat up oil in a big saucepan
3. Form little balls with the dough using a spoon
4. Put the balls of dough in the saucepan
5. Balls should be turned continuously until they develop a reddish hue on each side.
6. Let them dry on the paper napkin to soak excess fat and then dust them with powdered sugar. Serve with homemade jam.
Voir la chaîne Youtube Michelin