The G*Astronomy Series presented in partnership by The MICHELIN Guide USA and Starward Australian Whisky, showcases MICHELIN-rated restaurants through their unique stories, people, food, and beverage programs. It gives stage to the quality, versatility and creativity behind these stellar restaurants.
Today, they present the inspirational story behind Porto Restaurant in Chicago and Chef Marcos Campos, one of the youngest US recipients of a MICHELIN Star.
The first episode profiles Porto Restaurant, Chicago, and the story behind this passion project from Chef Marcos Campos and Owner Daniel Alejandro Alonso. Marcos Campos, one of the youngest chefs in the USA to lead a MICHELIN-starred restaurant, explains the story behind Porto, and what it was like for him and his staff to earn a star during the covid-19 pandemic, after opening in late 2019.
Chef Campos shares his MICHELIN-starred love letter to the fishing villages and farmsteads along the Atlantic Coast of Portugal and Spain’s Galicia. Creating three of his signature dishes paired with cocktails made with Starward Whisky. Campos highlights the essence of the food & beverage experience at the restaurant.
• Uni Toast: La Brújula Uni Conserva, Smoked Cauliflower & São Jorge Cheese Purée, Nori Seaweed, Lemon Gel, Toasted Brioche
• XO Oysters: Half Dozen Fire-Roasted Oysters, Cinco Jotas Jamón Ibérico, House-Made XO Sauce With Galician Conservas
• Navajas & Esparragos: La Brújula Razor Clams Conserva, White Asparagus Conserva, Codium Seaweed “Guac”, Oyster Espuma, Golden Kaluga Caviar
• Humo y Sal: Starward Whiskey, Kelp Tincture, Nori Demerara, Angostura & Orange Bitters, Cherry Wood Smoke.
• Crepusculo: Starward Whiskey, Squid Ink & Wakame Infused Honey, Lemon, Egg White
Have a look at https://guide.michelin.com/us/en/article/features/starward-whisky-cocktails-one-star-porto-chicago to know more about how Chef Marcos Campos pairs Starward cocktails.
For more gastronomic videos, subscribe to our channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MICHELINguideInternational